Zynga Game Network Supports Tornado Recovery
To help people across the southeastern U.S. who have lost their homes or been injured in tornadoes and other severe weather, Direct Relief USA and Zynga are working together to provide medical aid to clinics and shelters throughout the south.
Here’s what Direct Relief has done to help so far:
- FedEx overnighted emergency aid to North Carolina and Arkansas for people living in temporary shelters;
- Text alerted our 168 clinic partners in the six affected statesto let them know our $36 million in inventory stands ready to help;
- Delivered more than $756,000 in medical material to 39 health facilities in Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee this past week as part of our safety net support program;
- Coordinated efforts with national contacts, including the National Association of Community Health Centers, National Association of Free Clinics, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Rx Response;
- Offered aid through the Primary Care Associations in Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama, as well as the Community Health Centers of Arkansas.
Thanks to donors like Zynga, FedEx, and others, Direct Relief can leverage every $1 given into about $25 in medical aid. Direct Relief is 100% privately funded, so we rely on donations from individuals to do our work.
Direct Relief has top charity rankings, including four-star and “top-notch” rating from Charity Navigator, and a 100% fundraising efficiency rating from Forbes magazine.
Direct Relief is the only nonprofit organization licensed to distribute prescription medications in all 50 states and maintains an ongoing support program with more than 1,000 nonprofit clinics and health centers across the country, including 168 facilities in the six states affected by recent tornadoes.
Direct Relief thanks Zynga and its gamers for their support.