|JOB TITLE:||Director of Information Technology and Quality|
|HOURS PER WEEK:||40|
Provide overall leadership of the information technology and quality management functions within Direct Relief. Working effectively as a contributing member of the management team, the Director will provide strategic leadership and direction ensuring consistent and fair application of policies, philosophies, and organization-wide systems to accomplish the mission of the organization.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
As directed by the CFO/COO, the Director of IT and Quality will perform functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, vision, strategy, and management for the information technology and quality management organizational unit.
- Responsible for all major components of the technology platform and infrastructure, including SAP ECC, CRM, Portal, Business Intelligence and Business Objects, Palantir, Esri ArcGIS, and Microsoft-based servers and services including Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Lync, Visual Studio, and System Center, and for physical infrastructure including cabling, fiber optics, network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Because SAP is the core of Direct Relief’s integrated platform for humanitarian aid, extensive SAP expertise is required and this will be a primary area of focus. The IT leader is expected to nurture and extend the business partnership with SAP and the SAP ecosystem.
- Coordination and implementation of the Direct Relief Quality Management System (QMS), working collaboratively with department managers to implement the QMS by defining, documenting business processes, and training staff to use these processes.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a comprehensive technology contingency planning program (disaster recovery/business continuity).
- Perform contract negotiations with equipment, software, and service providers. Coordinate and direct professional services for feasibility studies, systems analysis and design, implementation, communications, and office systems.
- Develop and manage technology budgets, including assessment of available resources and resource requirements.
- Serve as a member of the management team on issues related to technology and quality strategic direction, priorities, major projects and initiatives, and policies.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, vendors, and constituents.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience or equivalent in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a complex SAP environment, including SAP ECC, CRM, and Business Intelligence or other ERP system
- Extensive experience with database systems and an enterprise information architecture. Direct Relief has developed a sophisticated architecture using SAP, SQL Server Enterprise, Esri ArcGIS and Palantir.
- Deep knowledge of most or all of the following topics: project management, software development, database architecture, systems integration, geographical information systems, big data, continuous quality improvement.
- CMQ/OE and Lean/Six Sigma certifications or demonstrated equivalent experience desired.
- Experienced with process improvement initiatives (lean/six sigma or other).
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in directing technology staff members in the completion of specific duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in partnership with senior leadership, department leaders, and others in addressing and/or resolving specific business issues.
- Results-oriented; able to take concepts and ideas through to implementation and action.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff through effective leadership, mentoring, communications, coaching, development, facilitation, evaluation, and rewards.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; diplomatic and collaborative work style.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of comfort working in an ambiguous, flexible, cooperative environment.
- Team effectiveness, organizational savvy and the ability to use interpersonal and constructive communications and political skills in cooperative, collaborative and diplomatic ways to work with staff at all levels of the organization and external constituents and stakeholders.
- Ability to remain current in applicable industry trends and apply this knowledge continually to the decision-making process.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Clear background check.
- Clear toxicology screening.
For Consideration For This Position, Please Submit:
- Cover Letter
- Salary history & requirements
27 S. La Patera Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93117