About: Andrew MacCalla, Emergency Response Manager
Andrew MacCalla has been the primary coordinator of Direct Relief’s Haiti response – the largest humanitarian effort since the organization was founded in 1948 – managing on the ground efforts and collaborating with more than 100 Haitian health facilities, as well as the Haitian Ministry of Health. Since 2010, Direct Relief has provided life-saving medications and supplies valued at over $70 million wholesale. He has worked at Direct Relief for five years with a short break to earn a Master's Degree in Public Policy and Management from the University of Melbourne. He has written numerous articles for the Huffington Post and The Sacramento Bee on Direct Relief's work in Haiti.
Posts by Andrew MacCalla, Emergency Response Manager:
- From the Philippines: Emergency Care in Cebu (November 20, 2013 - Emergency Response&From the Field&International Work)
- Pre-positioned Medicines Give Haitian Girl A Chance at Life (November 6, 2013 - From the Field&International Work)
- Responding to the 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake in the Philippines (October 21, 2013 - Emergency Response)
- Mobilizing Aid for People Affected by Cyclone Phailin (October 17, 2013 - Emergency Response&International Work)
- Restoring Sight, Restoring Lives in Haiti (October 10, 2013 - International Work&Supporters & Partnerships)