WHAT IS A MATCHING GIFT?
The math on matching gifts is simple. Your employees donate. You help them do TWICE THE GOOD.
Your employees already want to make a positive change in the world by supporting Direct Relief, and implementing a matching gift program is a great opportunity to encourage charitable giving and increase employee engagement within your company.
WHY A MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM IS GOOD FOR YOUR COMPANY:
- Increases visibility – employees are seen in the community as good corporate citizens, and puts your company’s name in the philanthropic spotlight.
- Promotes more strategic philanthropy.
- Improves external public relations – establishes meaningful relationships in your community and with supported organizations.
WHY A MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM IS GOOD FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES:
- Provides employees the benefit of increasing the impact of their charitable donations to Direct Relief.
- Builds community in your workplace, enhances morale, and gives employees a deeper connection to their work and their colleagues.
HOW YOU CAN JOIN DIRECT RELIEF’S TOP MATCHING GIFT COMPANIES:
- Work with your company’s leadership and Human Resource team to design your employee giving program.
- Select the matching gift platform that is right for your company – there are dozens of great options from which to choose.
- Once your company is signed up with the perfect platform, Direct Relief will be able to verify your employees’ gifts.
Leading companies that provide matching gift opportunities to support Direct Relief include:
- Bank of America
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Chevron Corporation
- The Capital Group Companies
- Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
- Office Depot
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase
- Northrop Grumman
- Wells Fargo