About: Tony Morain
As Director of Communications, Tony Morain works to advance Direct Relief's mission through stories relating to global health and emergency relief. Morain joined Direct Relief from OgilvyEarth, a firm specializing in sustainability and social-impact communications. While there, Tony managed a range of advocacy campaigns and served as principal investigator on a Gates Foundation grant to bolster support for development aid – the result of a winning submission to the Grand Challenge in Communications initiative of the Gates Foundation and Cannes Lions. Prior to that, as an officer in the merchant marines, Tony served on oceanographic expeditions throughout the Pacific with the Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Tony earned his Master of Arts in Global and International Studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and his Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation from the California Maritime Academy.
Posts by Tony Morain:
- Emergency Update: Powerful Earthquake Strikes Off Chilean Coast (December 25, 2016 - Emergency Response)
- Direct Relief Puts Spending Decisions into Donors’ Hands (December 21, 2016 - Innovation & Technology)
- Direct Relief Earns 100 Percent Efficiency Score in Forbes 2016 Top U.S. Charities List, Highest Rating Among California-Based Charities (December 16, 2016 - Milestones, Awards & Launches, Press Releases)
- In Haiti and Throughout the World, The Work Continues (October 28, 2016 - Emergency Response, Focus and Programs)
- Emergency Alert: Typhoon Haima Hits the Philippines (October 19, 2016 - Emergency Response)