About: Tony Morain
As Director of Communications, Tony Morain works to advance Direct Relief's mission through stories relating to global health and emergency relief. Morain joined Direct Relief from OgilvyEarth, a firm specializing in sustainability and social-impact communications. While there, Tony managed a range of advocacy campaigns and served as principal investigator on a Gates Foundation grant to bolster support for development aid – the result of a winning submission to the Grand Challenge in Communications initiative of the Gates Foundation and Cannes Lions. Prior to that, as an officer in the merchant marines, Tony served on oceanographic expeditions throughout the Pacific with the Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Tony earned his Master of Arts in Global and International Studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and his Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation from the California Maritime Academy.
Posts by Tony Morain:
- Oroville Dam Crisis: With Evacuation Orders Lifted, Direct Relief Coordinates with State Officials on Response (February 14, 2017 - Emergency Response, USA)
- Louisiana Floods: Six Month Update on Direct Relief’s Response (February 13, 2017 - Emergency Response, USA)
- Casa de la Amistad Convenes Pediatric Cancer Forum (February 8, 2017 - International Work, Press Releases)
- Emergency Update: Powerful Earthquake Strikes Off Chilean Coast (December 25, 2016 - Emergency Response)
- Direct Relief Puts Spending Decisions into Donors’ Hands (December 21, 2016 - Innovation & Technology)