|JOB TITLE:||Corporate Relations Manager|
|HOURS PER WEEK:||40|
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Philanthropic Investment (PI), the Corporate Relations Manager will maintain and expand existing relationships of healthcare company donors, identify and cultivate new prospects with projects that match Direct Relief’s strategic goals with their therapeutic focuses, research and identify generic and private pharmaceutical companies to support Direct Relief’s healthcare partners with product donations, and work with the Program Department staff to engage healthcare companies in long-term, sustainable projects to benefit international and domestic Direct Relief healthcare partners with cash, product and volunteers.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
As directed by the Vice President of Philanthropic Investment, the Corporate Relations Manager will perform functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Research and identify sources for product and funding opportunities from healthcare companies including grants, cause marketing and workplace giving.
- Work with Program Department to compose specialty product solicitations to address the needs of Direct Relief partners.
- Follow-up with in-kind donors on the status of requests and keep donors informed on our work in the field. Submit monthly “themed” requests to in-kind donors that correspond with Direct Relief’s strategic goals.
- Prepare and provide innovative and informative web-based reports, including corporate maps for major in-kind donors documenting the distribution of their donations.
- Work with PI Unit staff to track response rates of outgoing product requests.
- Respond to product offers/ inquiries from corporate in-kind donors. Liaise with on-staff pharmacist to devise distribution plans for offered products.
- Follow up with product offers to assure timely turnaround response
- Work with Operations team to maintain designations of incoming products and those requiring a change in SAP, ensuring changes are cleared with the donor company.
- Prepare and provide regular one on one presentations to update or inform healthcare donors or prospects of Direct Relief’s work
- Work with the Direct Relief Communications and Marketing team to create and implement communications marketing plans that fit specific healthcare company donor interests
- Track and input in SAP in kind offers/requests coming through e-mails and phone conversations, request approval from authorized staff such as Pharmacist, Medical Advisor and Program Officers as appropriate, and keep other staff working with corporate in kind donors apprised of all offers and approvals.
- Create and update Corporate Partner donors, contacts and donation records in supplier databases when needed.
- Keep VP Philanthropic Investment informed by copying on e-mails, one on one meetings, and participate in unit meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Hold Masters in Public Administration or other related field
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong donor relationships
- Experience in sales, client services, solicitation or procurement or appropriate related education
- Dynamic interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience with health care industry preferred
- Must possess valid California Driver’s license
- Background Check
- Toxicology Screening
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, vendors, and constituents.
FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover Letter
- Salary history & requirements
27 S. La Patera Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93117