The Aid Tracker is updated daily with the following measurements of humanitarian output:
- Deliveries: This figure reflects the number of shipments Direct Relief sends from its distribution facilities to healthcare recipients throughout the world.
- Dollar Value: This number refers to the wholesale acquisition cost of medical resources delivered by Direct Relief to healthcare providers throughout the world. Businesses and organizations provide products and expertise needed and leveraged for humanitarian purposes, and generous cash donations help keep Direct Relief independent from external interests, maintaining the flexibility of its work. See Direct Relief’s valuation policy >>
- Doses of Medicines: This reflects Defined Daily Doses, a measure of drug utilization developed by the World Health Organization and maintained by the WHO Collaborating Center for Drug Statistics methodology at the University of Norway in Oslo. Direct Relief uses this as a measure of pharmaceutical aid provided.
- Healthcare Providers Supported: Direct Relief provides medical and financial assistance to health centers, clinics, and medical facilities across the United States and around the world.
- Pounds in Medicine and Supplies: This reflects the weight of materials delivered by Direct Relief to healthcare providers throughout the world.
Direct Relief maps and visualizes several channels of aid and medical material distribution for better understanding of specific conditions, to aid in disaster preparedness, and for transparency and accountability to our donors. The Direct Relief Aid Map is a prime example. By using the Aid Map, anyone interested in Direct Relief can easily search, navigate, and view the reach of Direct Relief’s activities, anywhere in the world, at any time.
Direct Relief makes its financial documents publicly available on its website. This includes clear conflict of interest and “whistleblower” policies, as well as statements regarding donations, valuation of in-kind resources, program funding, and compensation:
- Annual Reports
- Audited Financial Statements
- Compensation Philosophy
- Donation Policy
- Federal Form 990
- Valuation of In-Kind Resources
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
Interactive Program Maps
For more insight into Direct Relief’s activities throughout the world, view Direct Relief’s map gallery.