In response to the atrocious and reprehensible terror attacks on Israel by Hamas, Direct Relief offers its deepest sympathies to the victims and pledges its full support to help care for survivors.
As an apolitical, non-sectarian organization dedicated to humanitarian principles, Direct Relief is engaging its ongoing partners in Israel and has extended offers of humanitarian assistance to aid their response to this abhorrent attack.
For those interested in supporting on-the-ground humanitarian efforts, Direct Relief recommends the following vetted organizations:
- Save a Child’s Heart: An organization committed to saving the lives of critically ill children suffering from heart disease.
- Magen David Adom (MDA): Israel’s national emergency medical, disaster, ambulance, and blood bank service.
- St. John of Jerusalem Eye Hospital Group: Charitable provider of expert eye care to patients regardless of ethnicity, religion or ability to pay.
- IsraAID: A non-governmental organization partnering with local & civil society organizations to coordinate humanitarian efforts, providing psychosocial support & urgent aid to vulnerable communities, evacuees and their families.
- Joint Distribution Committee (JDC): A century-old establishment, JDC is known for its global disaster responses. It aims to support hospitals in Israel to deal with the ongoing crisis.
- Magen David Adom (MDA): Founded in 1930, MDA serves as Israel’s principal organization for disaster relief, blood services, and ambulance transportation.
- NATAL: With over two decades in trauma treatment, NATAL provides invaluable support to those affected by traumatic incidents.
- United Hatzalah: Israel’s largest volunteer organization, United Hatzalah, offers quick emergency medical services nationwide.
- ZAKA: Recognized by the UN, ZAKA Search and Rescue provides swift assistance during mass casualty situations globally and has paramedics ready throughout Israel.
Direct Relief will continue to provide updates on its response as the situation evolves.