Through Direct Relief, manufacturers, distributors, and medical facilities are donating to health institutions serving people in need worldwide. Direct Relief abides by the World Health Organization’s guidelines in accepting product donations. Direct Relief is a member of the Partnership for Quality Medical Donations (PQMD) and adheres to high standards in the delivery of medical products to underserved people affected by poverty and disasters around the world.
- Manufacturers/Distributors: Please see the Direct Relief Network or call Pat Bacuros at (805) 964-4767, ext. 153.
- Healthcare Facilities: (hospitals, clinics, nursing homes): Contact either Ashley Cooley at (805) 964-4767 x 107 or Carrie Baptista at (805) 964-4767 x 176.
- Individuals: We apologize, but due to California Pharmacy law, Direct Relief cannot accept medical products from individuals.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Medical product offers are evaluated based on the specific needs of charitable health facilities and programs that Direct Relief supports worldwide. Our staff, which includes licensed pharmacists, evaluates these specific needs and discerns the appropriate medical products for a given situation.
- Donated medicines must have at least 12 months to expiration date at the time of donation for international shipments and 6 months for domestic/U.S.
- Contributions are received and housed at Direct Relief’s secure warehouse in Santa Barbara, California. Pharmaceuticals are stored in a secure area licensed by the California State Board of Pharmacy and the Food and Drug Administration. The organization is also VAWD accredited.
- Manufacturers/companies receive reports that identify the programs their donations are supporting.
- Direct Relief is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and provides contributors with documentation for tax purposes.
If you have questions or would like more information, please see the Direct Relief Network or call Pat Bacuros at (805) 964-4767, ext. 153.