The Replenishment Program provides a consistent supply of medicines to uninsured patients who receive care at nonprofit safety net clinics and health centers. The program increases efficiencies by offering a single platform for uninsured patients to receive free or discounted medications at eligible health centers and clinics.
For participating nonprofit clinics and health centers, which must demonstrate rigorous internal controls for drug dispensing and record keeping, the program provides a single point of access to much-needed medicines from multiple pharmaceutical companies. This program eliminates the need to manage and submit multiple applications for various medication, which enables redirection of scarce clinical resources from administrative tasks to improved patient care.
Clinic Eligibility Criteria
- Federal non-profit tax exempt status
- Qualified facility that provides health care to patients regardless of their ability to pay (i.e. FQHC, FQHC-LA, free clinic, community health center, central-fill pharmacy)
- In compliance with State Board of Pharmacy regulations for dispensing medications
- Computerized dispensing capabilities with ability to generate monthly dispensing reports
- Medical Director with current state license and DEA number
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreeing to follow program parameters
- Dedicated staff and effective processes and controls in place to perform and document patient eligibility screening according to program requirements
- Written policies and procedures must be in place for:
- Patient Eligibility Screening Practices (including Patient Screening Forms)
- Record Retention
- Order Management/Prescription Processing
- Product Receipt and Handling
- Product Recalls and Disposal
- General Dispensing Guidelines
- Pharmacy/Dispensary Security
- Procedure for Re-Distribution of Drug to Satellite Facilities (if applicable)
- Staff Training
- Billing Exclusion Procedure for donated drugs
- Adverse Event Reporting
Pharmacy services may be provided through a licensed on-site pharmacy or dispensed according to state requirements. Currently contract pharmacies are not eligible.
To learn more or apply, fill out the form below.