About: Andrew MacCalla, Director of International Programs and Emergency Response
Andrew MacCalla has been the primary coordinator of Direct Relief’s Haiti response – the largest humanitarian effort since the organization was founded in 1948 – managing on the ground efforts and collaborating with more than 100 Haitian health facilities, as well as the Haitian Ministry of Health. Since 2010, Direct Relief has provided life-saving medications and supplies valued at over $70 million wholesale. He has worked at Direct Relief for five years with a short break to earn a Master's Degree in Public Policy and Management from the University of Melbourne. He has written numerous articles for the Huffington Post and The Sacramento Bee on Direct Relief's work in Haiti.
Posts by Andrew MacCalla, Director of International Programs and Emergency Response:
- From the Field: Battle Against Ebola Continues in Sierra Leone (February 24, 2015 - Emergency Response, International Work)
- How Are Things Going in Haiti? (January 12, 2015 - Emergency Response, Milestones, Awards & Launches)
- Training Health Workers in Remote Philippine Communities (April 24, 2014 - Emergency Response, International Work)
- Reconstructing Typhoon-Damaged Health Stations in the Philippines (April 23, 2014 - Emergency Response, From the Field, International Work)
- Medical Clinics Treat 2,000 Philippines Typhoon Survivors (April 22, 2014 - Emergency Response, From the Field, International Work)