Direct Relief is dedicated to supporting health facilities around the world that provide life-transforming fistula repair surgery. To effectively equip health providers providing this specialized care, Direct Relief offers a Fistula Repair Module, a pack of high quality medicines and surgical supplies, at no cost to health facilities providing fistula care. The contents of the Module have been determined based on recent surveys of clinical experience and best practices, and consultations with expert providers in the field.
How to Apply for Partnership
Health facilities providing fistula repair surgery that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply for partnership. Eligible health facilities must:
- Provide services to patients in a non-discriminatory manner and must be provided free of charge, for a voluntary fee, or based on a patient’s ability to pay
- Be officially registered and licensed as an approved provider of health services in the country of service
- Have a fistula repair surgeon on site (or an established partnership with a visiting consultant) with a valid medical license
- Provide a minimum of 50 fistula repair surgeries each calendar year. Facilities with fewer surgeries that can demonstrate a clear plan for growth will also be considered.
- Have an unmet need for medical supplies and be able to describe how a donation of supplies would improve its ability to provide fistula repair services
- Have the ability to manage the process of clearing a donation of medical supplies through customs and overseeing in-country transport of supplies to a secure storage facility
- Click here to review an example of the application to assist you in gathering the information prior to completing the online application.