Over three years, the program will reach over 350,000 beneficiaries
Driving Your Health
310,000 will receive health education, prevention and awareness training
40,000 will receive direct healthcare services
AMD will conduct intensive skills-training for local medical providers — including physicians, nurses, and community health workers. AMD and the other local physicians anticipate training over 100 Mexican healthcare workers.
CDLA will provide underserved populations access to specialized examinations or diagnostic tests. CDLA will provide transportation to required appointments or treatments in target hospital regions for pediatric cancer patients and a caregiver.
Malta will provide weekly medical screenings at no cost. Malta will provide patient follow-up treatments as necessary the following week.
The Baxter International Foundation and Direct Relief Launch a Mobile Health Initiative Bringing Life-Saving Medical Treatment and Education to Hundreds of Thousands in Mexico City Driving Your Health.
The program facilitates access to health services for low-income communities by:
- Training health professionals on methods to prevent and control chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes;
- Placing highly trained doctors in poor communities to provide medical care; and
- Transporting patients and referring them to medical facilities to receive treatment.
- Difficulty navigating the healthcare system
- No access to specialized examinations or diagnostic tests, especially for those with serious diseases
- No access to transportation to medical facilities
Critical Interventions Include:
- Providing access to healthcare services by meeting the population where they are located
- Educating the public on disease prevention and early disease detection