About: Andrew Schroeder, Director of Research and Analysis
Dr. Andrew Schroeder is responsible for all analytics programs, monitoring and evaluation, data collection, business intelligence and data visualization, geographic information systems, and geospatial analytics. Schroeder has developed and implemented a number of projects at Direct Relief to demonstrate programmatic impact, including Mapping Global Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV/AIDS; Spatial Analysis of the Global Diflucan® Distribution Program; development of GIS-based laboratory monitoring in Ethiopia; and USA Safety Net Mapping, which was cited in the New England Journal of Medicine. Schroeder has also presented findings from his research at Direct Relief at prominent conferences, including the Global Health Council and the InterAction Forum. Schroeder earned his Ph.D. in Social and Cultural Analysis from New York University and his Masters of Public Policy (MPP) from the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan, specializing in quantitative and qualitative social analytic methods, information technology policy and international development. Prior to Direct Relief he worked as an assistant professor of communications at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and as a research fellow in globalization and communications at the City University of Hong Kong.
Posts by Andrew Schroeder, Director of Research and Analysis:
- From the Philippines: Disaster Preparedness Must Include Data Preparedness (July 23, 2014 - Emergency Response&Innovation & Technology&International Work)
- Improving Philippines Typhoon Response With Satellite Technology (April 28, 2014 - Emergency Response&Innovation & Technology&International Work)
- Applying New Technologies to Disaster Response (April 24, 2014 - Innovation & Technology&International Work)
- Direct Relief Named Finalist in Wireless Innovation Project Competition (April 8, 2014 - Innovation & Technology)
- How Technology Can Enable Collaboration for the Common Good (February 26, 2014 - Innovation & Technology)