While summertime signals rest and relaxation for many, Direct Relief continues to accelerate through its humanitarian activities. Among many ways the organization will help people this summer, over the next three months, Direct Relief will:
- Enable 23,000 kids who attend special camps for children with diabetes across the U.S. to receive insulin and essential medical materials to help manage their disease.
- Provide $1.5 million in cash assistance to nonprofit health centers on the East Coast that suffered devastating losses from Superstorm Sandy, helping them continue providing care to their patients.
- Ensure that hundreds of children in remote areas of Liberia receive lifesaving medicine to care for pneumonia; the leading killer of children under the age of five.
- Equip trained midwives with Direct Relief midwifery kits, providing essential medical tools to ensure babies are born safely in areas of high rates of maternal and child death.
- Deliver hundreds of shipments of much-needed medicine and medical supplies to U.S. nonprofit clinics and health centers so they can continue treating people who would otherwise not be able to afford care.
Stay tuned for details on each of these and more ways Direct Relief – with your help – is delivering a world of good this summer.