Over the past seven days, Direct Relief has delivered 656 shipments of requested medical aid to 44 U.S. states and territories and 14 countries worldwide.
The shipments contained 2.1 million defined daily doses of medications, including insulin, antibiotics, long-acting reversible contraception, and other essential medications, as well as medical supplies for Covid-19 response efforts, including personal protective equipment and powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs).
In the U.S., Direct Relief delivered 641 shipments weighing 34,210 pounds and containing 624,611 doses of medications.
The largest U.S. shipments by value (wholesale) went to the following organizations:
- The Never Alone Project – Indianapolis, Indiana ($269.5K)
- Hardeman County Community Health Center ($244.6K)
- Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center ($114.4K)
- Community Medical Wellness Center ($109.9K)
- Big Springs Medical Clinic ($104.5K)
- Partnership Health Center ($88.7K)
- Arkansas Harm Reduction Project ($80.1K)
- Hamilton Health Center ($75.7K)
- Acacia Medical Mission ($68.9K)
- Clatsop County Public Health ($67.5K)
Globally, Direct Relief shipped more than 1.5 million defined daily doses of medication totaling 245,261 pounds.
The following organizations received supplies:
- Syrian American Medical Society – Syria ($4.1M)
- Uganda Cancer Institute – Uganda ($3.9M)
- Ministry of Health – Bahamas ($1.1M)
- Asociacion Vida Peru – Peru ($748.7K)
- Clinica Esperanza – Honduras ($573.3K)
- Princess Marina Hospital – Botswana ($439.8K)
- Asociacion Medico Social Westmont Bethel – Guatemala ($321K)
- Anera – Gaza ($271.4K)
- Hospitalito Atitlan – Guatemala ($210.9K)
- Hospital Loma de Luz – Honduras ($184.6K)
Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic Held at Direct Relief Headquarters
On Saturday, more than 100 patients were vaccinated against Covid-19 at Direct Relief’s Santa Barbara headquarters by the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics.
Volunteers and staff for the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics welcomed patients, checking them in and ushering them to multiple stations set up throughout Direct Relief building, where patients received the Moderna vaccine.
The Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics treat 22,000 patients each year, many of whom are low-income, uninsured, or part of medically underserved communities.
Direct Relief is a long-standing supporter of the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics, providing them with funding and ongoing shipments of medical aid. Most recently, Direct Relief granted $150,000 to the neighborhood clinics to help cover their costs related to vaccination efforts.
Since January 1, 2021, Direct Relief has delivered 4,661 shipments to 1,1278 partner organizations in 49 U.S. states and territories and 55 countries.
These shipments contained 55.1 million defined daily doses of medication valued at $202.8 million (wholesale) and totaling 1.9 million lbs. (1,100 tons).
Direct Relief has also supported the following organizations this year with grants:
- Ain Shams University Hospital
- Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers
- Atlantic Medical Center Sabana Hoyos
- Alliance for Medical Outreach and Relief
- Asociacion de Salud Primaria de Puerto Rico
- Atlantic Medical Center
- Australian Childhood Foundation
- Baylor College of Medicine – Children’s Foundation Malawi
- Bayou Clinic
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Butte County Public Health Department
- Camuy Health Services, Inc.
- Centro de Salud Familiar Dr. Julio Palmieri Ferri, Inc.
- Centro de Servicios Primarios de Salud
- Centros Integrados de Servicios de Salud
- Children in Trouble
- Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Community Health Center Association of Mississippi
- Community Health Centers of the Central Coast
- Community University Health Care Center, University of Minnesota
- Concilio de Salud Integral de Loiza, Inc
- Corporación de Servicios Médicos Primarios y Prevención de Hatillo, Inc.
- Corporación SANOS, Inc.
- COSSMA, Inc.
- Edna Adan University Hospital
- Florida Association of Community Health Centers
- Fort Defiance Indian Hospital
- Foundation for Puerto Rico
- Foundation of Amazon Sustainability
- Gift of the Givers
- Global Health Access Program (GHAP)
- Groundswell UK
- Gynocare Women’s and Fistula Hospital in Kenya
- Health Alliance International
- Health Equity International (Haiti)
- Health Net, Inc
- Heart of God Care Centre
- HOPE Foundation for Women and Children of Bangladesh, Inc.
- Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- Midwives for Haiti
- National Black Church Initiative
- National Black Nurses Association
- NC MedAssist
- NeoMed Center, Inc.
- Northeast Valley Health
- Oxnard Firefighters Foundation, Inc
- Rio Beni Health Foundation
- Salud Integral en la Montaña, Inc.
- Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
- Solar Responders
- The Navajo Nation
- Uganda Cancer Institute
- Oxnard Firefighters Foundation, Inc
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- Yayasan Bumi Sehat
- Yemen Aid